Typism Podcast: Maria MontesAug 14, 2021
EPISODE 8: Find your inner compass with Maria Montes
Maria spoke about her personal journey from graphic to textile designer, illustrator, calligrapher, typographer and lettering artist at the Typism conference. She’s incredibly versatile and deeply passionate about her work. No matter what twists and turns her career path has taken, it is always consistently high quality.
We asked Maria on to the Typism podcast to talk about a topic that lettering artists often struggle with: the importance of finding your inner compass.
"Keep asking questions until you fully understand yourself"—Maria Montes
In today’s podcast episode, you will discover:
- The questions you need to ask yourself to set your compass
- Why regular self-reflection is essential for staying on course
- How to curate your life and learn from your mistakes
- Why asking questions of yourself, and others, is valuable
- How to tell the difference between good stress and bad stress
- Why you should find mentors and role models to help align your compass .
Links mentioned in this episode
- Maria Montes newsletter
- Nicole Phillips newsletter
- Kevin Finn—The Sum of Us
- Jim Antonopolous—We are Tank
- The Emotional Culture Deck
- Maria's website
- Maria on Instagram.